Save the Date - Church Auction
WHAT: Church Auction - the theme is “Home Sweet Home"
WHEN: Saturday evening, November 5
WHERE: First Unitarian Church
WHY: See below!
WHAT IT IS:
· A way to raise money for the church
· A gathering to celebrate the centennial of our 100 year-old building
· A fun evening with friends old and new
A focus on intangibles, learning, service, and sustenance - things we love about our church community
WHAT IT IS NOT:
· A formal fancy dinner
· An opportunity to clean out your closets
This event's focus will be on “intangibles” (services, trips, event tickets) and sustenance (food and drink)
HOW CAN YOU BE A PART?
· Buy a ticket to the event. Invite a friend. (Maybe someone you haven't seen in awhile!)
· Donate a service, a trip, event tickets, restaurant certificates, etc.
· Lead or host a sign-up event (tour, hands-on activity, wine tasting, pool party) - or provide refreshments
· Help make the event a success and meet others by serving on a team. (P.S. You will be eligible for discounted admission) Examples of teams include:
o Appetizer team: Contribute appetizers
o Beverage team: Contribute wine/beer/soft drinks; serve drinks
o Dessert team: contribute/set up dessert buffet and coffee
o Blurb writing team: write up enticing descriptions for donated items
o Paperwork team: make bid sheets, certificates, auction paddles, etc.
o Check-in / ticketing team: Help with ticket sales, check-in
o Silent auction set up team
o Live auction team: help with recording bids, event flow
o Kitchen cleanup team: Bus and load dishes, set up Fellowship Hall for church the next morning
o Musicians: provide 1/2 hour of incidental music during silent auction (you will still have an hour to eat and attend silent auction)